How to open an account
How to trade at the Amman Stock Exchange (ASE)?
You can buy and sell securities traded at the ASE through the licensed financial services companies by Jordan Securities Commission and the ASE, where you can get a list of companies' names through visiting its website at www.exchange.jo .
Dealing mechanism at the ASE
- Choose one of the licensed financial brokerage firms operating at ASE.
- Sign an agreement to open an account with the brokerage firm includes services statement to be provided by the brokerage firm and the commissions to be paid to the firm.
- Give the brokerage firm a special authorization for each sale or purchase, before executing the orders.
Authorizations types that allow the broker to execute the client's orders:
- The broker shall inform the client about the executed and non-executed commands.
- Some brokerage companies can provide their clients with the online trading service so they can trade in securities by entering purchase and selling orders into the electronic trading system by using internet regardless of geographical location.
Important Tips when choosing the Broker:
- Make sure that the broker is licensed by the Jordan Securities Commission.
- Make sure about the professional history of the broker.
- Identify the services that you need to be provided by the broker.
- Make sure that the broker understands your needs.
- Ask the company to provide you with the value of fees and commissions.
- Never sign any empty sale or purchase authorization.
- Read the Convention and the annexes thereto and all information related to the accounts, check and understand all the documents before signing them.